Do you Suffer from Sinus Congestion and Hay fever?
Many people suffer in silence from allergies but allergies are not something that you simply have to put up with! It is possible to manage your allergies naturally. Common allergy symptoms include sneezing, sinus congestion, itchy eyes, persistent cough, wheezing, asthma, headaches, and skin disorders such as atopic eczema. If you have allergies it is important not to only be looking at symptom relief. The underlying causes such as immune imbalances or nutritional deficiencies need to be addressed in order to give you long term relief. Common causes of allergies include reacting to certain foods, food additives and pesticides, grasses and pollens, dust mites, and chemicals in personal products and cleaning products.
If you suffer from any of these symptoms ask us for help to managing your allergies today!
Herbs and Nutrients to Manage Allergies Naturally
Allergies are caused by an immune imbalance. Pharmaceutical medications may help to reduce symptoms but do not address the underlying cause. The following herbs and nutrients may help to manage symptoms of allergies naturally, as well as rebalancing your immune function:
· Perilla (Perilla frutescens) – a herb that is beneficial in the treatment of hayfever, asthma and sinusitis. It can be used to reduce the symptoms of allergic reactions, particularly of the upper respiratory tract.
· Atractylodes (Atractylodes Iancea) – a herb that is beneficial for hayfever, nasal congestion, asthma, and dermatitis. It also helps the immune system to fight colds and respiratory infections.
· Albizia (Albizia lebbeck) – the anti-allergy properties of the herb albizia are helpful for hayfever, asthma, sinus congestion and allergic skin conditions such as eczema and hives. It also helps to strengthen the lungs and clear mucous.
· Quercetin – is a bioflavanoid vitamin that is used for acute or chronic allergies such as hayfever, hives, and asthma. It is also a great antioxidant.
· Probiotics – there are many different strains of probiotics; the most useful for allergies is Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG (LGG). This strain has been found to be effective in reducing allergies including eczema.
· Zinc – plays a very important role in regulating the immune system and is a commonly found deficiency in the Australian population. Optimal zinc levels are crucial in any allergy treatment.
· Vitamin C – boosts the immune system, improves lung function and decreases allergy symptoms.
· Essential Oils – antimicrobial essential oils such as eucalyptus, peppermint, lavender and thyme used in a sinus spray can provide relief from nasal and sinus congestion that occurs with hay fever and upper respiratory tract infections.
Make an appointment with us today and find out what treatment is best for you.
What Are You Putting Into Your Body?
Common food allergies include gluten, wheat, dairy, soy, eggs, and corn. If you find your allergies flare up after eating any of these foods or your diet contains a lot of these foods, you may benefit from a Vega Food Sensitivities Test.
These days a lot of our food contains high levels of preservatives, additives, and pesticides which can all impact on our immune systems and contribute to allergies and poor health. Think about introducing organic foods to your diet. Organic foods not only taste better, they contain higher levels of nutrients which can be beneficial to overall health.
How to Manage your Allergy Symptoms
To help balance your immune system and help you manage your allergy symptoms, follow these simple recommendations:
· Consider a natural supplement for allergy relief
· Avoid any foods that are known allergens
· Increase fruit and vegetable intake, particularly those bright in colours, such as berries and capsicum, as they contain high levels of antioxidants and nutrients
· Avoid processed and refined foods that may contain preservatives and additives
· Drink at lease 2 litres of filtered water per day to keep the body hydrated.
Metagenics Wellness Review
During the Month of October:
Hayfever and Allergy Vega Test – 15 minute test – $30
Most of us enjoy Spring but for many people it means itching and red eyes, runny nose, sneezing, lethargy, irritability, headaches and even breathing problems. We have many different natural options available to assist you and are able to test which is best for you and the dosage you require. Make an appointment today and experience Spring without allergies.
Electro Dermal-Acupuncture Testing and in particular the VEGATEST method is a quick, painless and effective way of determining a whole range of health related issues on an energetic level. Bookings are essential.